DIY: A cuppa scrub for your mug 0
Treat your wallet and your face with this homemade coffee scrub from deliciouslyorganized.blogspot.ca. (SUBMITTED)
Hitting up the city spa is about as affordable as Yaletown rent.
No wonder so many Vancouverites need their early-morning ritual of chai tea lattes and hazelnut macchiatos, these are little indulgences one can still afford.
Naturally, any way to mitigate the costs of life’s luxuries is welcome consumer information.
Get a spa-like treatment at a palatable price with this DIY coffee facial scrub from deliciouslyorganized.blogspot.ca.
Cost-effective and free of mystery chemicals, this topical exfoliator also packs the anti-inflammatory and antioxidant powers of the much buzzed-about cosmetic ingredient caffeine.
Use it at home, or take it to go — all for the price of a specialty coffee.
- equal parts ground coffee and raw sugar
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 2 tablespoons of (room temp) coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon of sea salt
How-to ‘Good Morning Coffee Scrub’
- Add dry ingredients first and then top off with the olive and coconut oils.
- There are no exact measurements for the coffee and sugar because you can add more of each to create the consistency you prefer.
- Tip: the coconut oil may go back to a more solid form, add 1/4 cup of almond oil to create a liquid consistency again or more coconut oil.
Find Julia on Twitter at @JuliaDilworth.