7 Tips to Rock Your Next Job Interview
2. When meeting your interviewer, smile, open your arms, and give him/her a warm hug with eyes closed. You are nearly part of their team now, and you want them to know it.
3. When asked: “What are your weaknesses?” the interviewer really wants to know personal information about you that sets you apart from other competition. Do you still wet the bed? Does gluten make you flatulent? Indulge a personal tidbit about your life, and your interviewer will feel an immediate connection to you.
4. Smoke an electronic cigarette during the interview. Everyone loves electronic cigarettes.
5. When asked: “Why do you want to work for us?” respond honestly. Do you want to get away from your nagging, unemployed girlfriend? Did HootSuite not respond to your application? Do you need money to support a reefer habit? Really run wild with this.
6. When asked: “Do you work well under pressure.” Respond: “Absolutely not” and duck for cover under your chair. This will show you have a sense of humour and aren’t afraid to think out of the box.
7. When asked to describe an event where you solved a problem, really make the problem come to life. Act out a scene where you play multiple characters with different voices and use different props. You want your interviewer to really feel like they were there.